WHO WE ARE
aboutbiosynthetics.org is a resource space dedicated to spreading the word about biosynthetics. The site aims to inform, inspire and equip consumers and retailers with the most credible, up-to-date information available. This information is delivered using simple language, yet is backed by reliable, referenced data so that it can be easily followed up and re-used by site visitors.
aboutbiosynthetics.org is an initiative by Textile Exchange, a non-profit organization incorporated in 2002. We operate internationally and are committed to the responsible expansion of textile sustainability across the global textile value chain. Textile Exchange is headquartered in the USA with staff and ambassadors located in ten countries.
Vision & Mission
Vision – We envision a global textile industry that protects and restores the environment and enhances lives.
Mission – Textile Exchange inspires and equips people to accelerate sustainable practices in the textile value chain. We focus on minimizing the harmful impacts and maximizing the positive effects of the global textile industry.
What Textile Exchange Does
- Convene, inform and build capacity in our membership base and across the industry.
- Advocate product and industry integrity.
- Help bring positive innovations to scale.
- Specialize in the organic cotton and responsible down and wool value chain.
- Improve organic cotton andand responsible down and wool farmers’ visibility, access to stable markets, and better develop business capabilities through education.
- Create partnerships that accelerate sustainable practices across the global textile industry.